Seed Packet Card
- Cardstock: Penny Black Inc. Mix & Match in Periwinkle and Storm, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
- Satin ribbon: 1/8” black, 1/4” blue
- Button, 1/2”
- Flower seed packet of choice
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, sponge daubers
- Penny Black Inc. Stamps: Letter Background (1999L), Cheerful (4160K), To You (30-067)
- Making Memories Slot, EK Success Brands Corner Rounder
- Ink Pads: Tsukineko VersaMark, Onyx Black VersaFine, White VersaColor; Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain
- Tsukineko Silver StazOn Inker
- STAEDTLER Ergosoft Colored Pencils: 0, 3, 5, 6, 30, 50
- Tsukineko Embossing Powders: Clear, Silver
- Adhesives: Tombow Permanent Stamp Runner, 3M Scotch Brand Foam Tape
- 1. Cut a 3-3/8”x11” periwinkle panel. Place lengthwise on work surface and score at 4-1/4” and 8-7/8” from left edge. Fold to create a top-fold sleeve.
- 2. Punch two slots in small top flap, 3/4” apart and 1” from top fold. Round flap corners with punch.
- 3. Turn packet over and lightly sponge edges Antique Linen and Vintage Photo.
- 4. Cut one 14” length from each ribbon. Holding ribbons together, center them across front of sleeve, 1” from top fold. Insert seed packet inside sleeve and close flap. Wrap ribbon ends around sleeve edges, threading them through punched slots in flap. Tie ribbons in a bow.
- 5. Cut a 3”x4-1/4” white cardstock panel. Stamp watermark Letter Background onto panel; heat emboss with clear powder. Sponge entire panel Antique Linen; sponge edges Vintage Photo, then Walnut Stain.
- 6. Cut a 3-1/8”x4-3/8” black cardstock panel. Edge panel with white ink. Mat stamped panel on black panel; adhere to card with foam tape.
- 7. Use watermark ink to stamp flower on black cardstock; heat emboss with silver powder. Using photo as a guide, color image with STAEDTLER Ergosoft Colored Pencils. Detail cut image and adhere to card front with small pieces of foam tape.
- 8. Cut a 1”x1-3/4” white cardstock panel; stamp black sentiment and heat emboss with clear powder. Use border punch to trim left edge of tag. Distress tag edges with inks and adhere to card with foam tape.
- 9. Apply ink from silver inker to button. While ink is wet, sprinkle button with silver embossing powder; heat set. Adhere button to flower center with foam tape.
- 1. Present a whole set of seeds using different blooms and color palettes.
by Elizabeth Allan