Flowers for a Friend
- Floral foam
- Wooden items: 1/8” dowel rod, toothpicks, 3-1/2” craft pick
- Cardstock: kraft, green, burgundy
- Jillibean Soup Soup Collection Papers: Chilled Strawberry Whipped Cream, 12”x12”; Blossom, Watermelon Gazpacho, and Dutch Mustard 6”x6” Paper Pads
- White printer paper
- White buttons
- Silver adhesive pearls
- Silver cord
paper trimmer, scissors, craft knife, ruler, pencil, scoring board, sponge dauber
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Nestabilities Flower Pots; Shapeabilities Nested Lacey Pennants, Nested Butterflies Two, and Anemone Flower Topper; Edgeabilities Classic Scallop
- Gina K. Designs Tag Lines Stamp Set
- Ink Pads: Clearsnap ColorBox Warm Red Fluid Chalk Inkpad, Ranger Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Inks
- Cosmic Shimmer Aqua Cosmic Twinkles Glitter Glue
- Adhesives: liquid glue, foam squares
- 1. Using photo as a guide, die cut and emboss flowers from patterned papers. Layer flowers with foam squares. Tie cord through buttons and glue to flower centers; let dry.
- 2. Cut four dowel lengths of varying sizes. Glue flowers to dowel ends.
- 3. Die cut and emboss white cardstock ribbon banner #2; stamp sentiment and sponge edges brown. Fold end and glue around craft pick; set aside.
- 4. Die cut and emboss small orange butterfly. Before removing die, sponge red ink through die template. Glue butterfly to toothpick. Cut and glue short length of cord to back of head for antennae; apply pearls to body.
- 5. Die cut and emboss two flower pot #4 shapes from 12”x12” double-sided paper. Fold over flaps at score lines, revealing dot pattern; adhere flaps with foam squares.
- 6. Cut a 6-1/4”x1-3/4” kraft cardstock strip. Score lengthwise down both sides, 1/4” from edges. Score widthwise 2-1/4” from each end. Fold at scored lines and adhere flower pot shapes to each side; let dry. Tie cord into bow around pot rim.
- 7. Cut small piece of floral foam to fit into pot; glue and gently push foam into place. Apply glue to ends of wooden sticks; push into floral foam.
- 8. Cut several long, 1/16”-wide green cardstock strips for greenery; curl with fingernail and glue into arrangement. Shred white paper to create pot filler; glue into pot.
- 9. Apply pearls to banner and pot rim. Apply glitter glue to flower petals; let dry.
by Michelle Woerner for Spellbinders Paper Arts