Love Letters Owl Card
- Cardstock or construction paper: medium pink, dark pink, red, white, purple, blue, orange
- Round wiggle eyes, two
- Blue cording, 14” length
- Pink feather
scissors, black marker, ruler
- Paper punches: 1” circle, 1-1/2” circle, 1/4” heart, 1-1/4” heart
- Hole punch
- Paper glue
- 1. Print out pattern. Cut body from medium pink cardstock and wing strip from red cardstock. Punch holes as indicated on pattern.
- 2. Glue wings on back of body; bend ends across front of body as indicated on pattern.
- 3. For eyes, punch two 1” purple circles and two 1-1/2” blue circles. Glue purple circles on blue circles. Glue wiggle eyes on center. Glue eyes and beak on body.
- 4. For feathers on wings, punch 16 1/4” hearts from dark pink cardstock. Glue hearts on wings.
- 5. For sign, cut 1/2”x4” white cardstock strip. Write “Whooooo is the Best” on center. Punch 1-1/4” heart from medium pink cardstock. Draw “?” on center. Glue heart on end of sign. Write “YOU ARE” on body inside of card. Outline eyes, nose, body, wings, sign, and hearts.
- 6. Glue feather on back of head. Cut 14” cording length; insert through holes on wings and tie closed.
- Love Letters Information
- 1. Check out Love Letters' website at www.loveletterscares.org for information on where to send your cards, upcoming events, information on being a Love Letters pen pal, and guidelines needed for creating cards.
by Mary Ayres