These berry coasters will add a special touch to your summer entertaining!
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylics: Bayberry, Berry Wine, Black Cherry, Butter Pecan, Dioxazine Purple, Engine Red, Italian Sage, Light Periwinkle, Maple Syrup, Midnight, Calico Red, School Bus Yellow, Thicket, Wicker White
- Set of six coasters and holder available through Cabin Crafters, (800-669-3920)
tracing paper and transfer paper
- Plaid FolkArt 1-stroke Brushes: Flat, 3/4”; #10, #12; Script Liner; Scruffy
- Plaid FolkArt: Floating Medium, Lacquer Sealer Satin Finish
- Wooden dowels, 1/4”, 5/8”
- Cotton swabs
- 1. Double-load scruffy with Butter Pecan and Wicker White; pounce coasters and holder. Print and transfer patterns.
- Wiggle Leaves
- 1. Double load 3/4” flat with Thicket and Bayberry; add wiggle leaves to coasters.
- 1. Triple-dip 5/8” dowel into Black Cherry, Engine Red, and Calico Red. Tap once on palette, then onto coaster. Repeat same for each cherry.
- 1. Triple-dip 1/4” dowel into Lt. Periwinkle, Midnight, and Italian Sage. Tap once on palette, then onto coaster. Repeat same for each blueberry.
- 1. Dampen cotton-tip swab. Dip end into Berry Wine and tap onto palette until it forms a circle of paint with a center hole. Dab cotton swab to form cluster of small circles; dab left side of clusters Berry Wine, then pick up Black Cherry to add to right side for shading. Use script liner, Thicket, and School Bus Yellow to paint tops and stems.
- 1. Double load #12 flat with Engine Red and School Bus Yellow; add to coaster, keeping yellow to inside blending colors together slightly, and forming flat top heart shape. For seeds, dip script liner in School Bus Yellow and Thicket. For tops and stems, double load #12 flat with School Bus Yellow and Thicket.
- Purple Grapes
- 1. Double load #10 flat with Dioxazine Purple and Wicker White. Add grape cluster, starting at top and working down. Paint grapes by rotating brush in a circle, keeping white to inside.
- Green Grapes
- 1. Double load #10 flat with any combination of Bayberry, Italian Sage, Wicker White, or Thicket. In same manner as purple grapes add grape cluster, keeping lightest color to inside.
- 1. Use script liner, Maple Syrup, and Wicker White to add stems to grapes, cherries, and blueberries.
- 1. Use Script liner and Wicker White to add highlights to grapes, blueberries, and cherries. Add tiny highlight in each circle on left half of raspberries.
- One-stroke and Shadow leaves
- 1. Double load #12 flat with Thicket and Bayberry; add one-stroke leaves to each coaster. Add Floating Medium to brush to create a transparent green color; add shadow leaves to each coaster.
- 1. Apply several coats Lacquer Sealer.
by Consie Sindet