Tasty Treats Wall Art
size: 12" square
- FOR EACH:
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 12"x12"x1" sheet, 3" ball (cut in half)
- Flower-print or polka-dot paper, two 12" squares
- Cardstock, 6" squares: dark orange, bright green, light brown, bright magenta, pink
- White glitter
- Silk flowers
- Red button or marble, 1/2”
scissors, ruler, plastic knife, foam brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Lightweight spackling
- Plaid Glossy Mod Podge
- Paper crimper (or corrugated brown paper)
- Adhesive-back Velcro tabs
- Craft glue
- Glue gun and sticks
- 1. Adults, help kids when using glue gun.
- Wall Art
- 1. Use craft glue to glue flower-print or polka-dot paper onto plastic-foam sheet. Let dry
- 2. For border, measure and cut four 1"x12" strips from cardstock in color of choice. Use craft glue to glue strips around sheet edges. Let dry.
- 3. Measure and cut 5" square from print paper or cardstock. Use craft glue to glue square on center of sheet.
- 4. Print out pattern. Run ice cream cone and cupcake liner through paper crimper.
- 5. For ice cream cone, fold back edges of ice cream cone. Use plastic knife to cut plastic-foam ball in half. Use glue gun to glue half of plastic-foam ball onto top of ice cream cone. Glue ice cream cone onto center of sheet. Let dry.
- 6. For cupcake, cut small half-circle from paper (for cupcake bottom). Glue cupcake bottom on cupcake liner. Use glue gun to glue remaining half of plastic-foam ball onto top of cupcake liner. Glue cupcake on center of sheet. Let dry.
- 7. On covered work surface, use plastic knife to apply lightweight spackling onto ice cream cone top and cupcake top. Let dry.
- 8. Use foam brush to apply mod podge onto ice cream cone top and cupcake top. While still wet, sprinkle cupcake with glitter. Let dry. Glue silk flowers to top of cupcake, if desired. Let dry. Glue red button (cherry) onto ice cream cone top.
- 9. Attach Velcro tabs onto corners of each sheet. Attach to wall.
by Kathleen George for The Dow Chemical Co.