Make this playful centerpiece for an outdoor July 4th celebration.
- Cardstock: red, white, blue
- Patriotic paper collection of choice
- DMC Pearl Cotton 5: Red, White, Blue
- Making Memories Tiny Alpha White on Black Alphabet Stickers
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, hole punch
- PSA Essentials Stamper and Peel & Stick Stamp Sets: Country Home, Vanilla 10 (numbers)
- Die-cutting system and Sizzix Originals Large Scalloped Tags Combo 2 Die
- Circle punches: 1-1/2", 1-3/4"
- Compass or circle templates: 5", 4"
- Ink Pads: PSA Essentials Black Cartridge, Papertrey Ink Perfect Match Vintage Cream
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, strong double-sided tape, hot glue gun
- 1. Cut three 5" and two 4" squares from assorted papers. Apply double-sided tape to one edge of each square and roll paper into tubes.
- 2. Cut three 5" circles from assorted papers; cut two 4" circles from red cardstock. Cut a 1/4"-wide wedge from one edge of each circle, cutting all the way to center. Apply double-sided tape to one cut edge and fold paper into cones.
- 3. Cut 30" length from pearl cotton for each firecracker. Knot one end several times and insert thread up through hole in cone. Secure knot with dot of hot glue. Adhere cone to tube with hot glue.
- 4. Gather threads and knot ends together.
- 1. Die cut tag large and medium tags from blue cardstock. Randomly stamp white heart images over tags.
- 2. Adhere blue tags to white cardstock. Cut out tags, leaving 1/4" white border. Punch hole through white layer.
- 3. Cut and adhere striped paper strip across bottom of tag as shown.
- 4. Stamp black heart image or "4" onto white cardstock. Punch image into 1-1/2" circle. Punch 1-3/4" red cardstock circle. Adhere circles together; adhere center of circle to tag.
- 5. Cut two 60" pearl cotton lengths. Fold threads in half and loop through holes in tags. Tie tags to firecracker bundle.
- 1. For 4th of July tag, adhere mini letter stickers to tag under circle edges to spell "happy" and "July" as shown; adhere "th" next to "4."
- 1. To make larger or smaller firecrackers, increase or decrease the size of the paper squares and circles accordingly.
by Mara Campbell for PSA Essentials