ATCs - Eggs-actly Perfect Easter Décor & Card
size: eggs, 6" tall; card, 4-1/2"x6-1/4"
- Giant plastic Easter egg (Holiday Home)
- Cardstock: turquoise; dark brown
- Inkssentials Gloss Paper (Ranger)
- Transparency sheet
- All Dressed Up Stack (Die Cuts With a View)
- Lace and other decorative trims
- Stamps: ATC Duckies, ATC Hello Happy Easter (Red Lead Paperworks); Happy Easter (Stampabilities)
- Ink pads (Ranger): Coffee Archival; Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink in Pool, Sail Boat Blue and Purple Twilight; Adirondack dye pads in Sunshine Yellow, Sunset Orange, Pool, Watermelon, Purple Twilight and Citrus; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper, Walnut Stain and Black Soot; Emboss It Clear Ink
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator, Blending Solution and Gold and Copper Metallic Mixatives (Ranger)
- Turquoise embossing powder (Ranger)
- Inkssentials line (Ranger): Heatit Craft tool; Glossy Accents; Cut ‘n Dry Foam Pad
- Small paintbrush
- Craft knife and cutting mat
- Clear adhesive dots
- 1. Cut 2-1/2”x3-1/2” gloss paper ATC. Stamp ATC image with Coffee ink; heat set with craft tool. Using paintbrush, color images with dye inks; use photo as guide.
- 2. Use foam pad to sponge Old Paper Distress Ink over entire ATC, highlighting edges with Walnut Stain and Black Soot.
- 3. Remove clear dome from egg. Trace outline onto back of gloss paper; cut out approximately 1/16” inside traced line for egg insert. Cut 1”x7-1/2” strip of gloss paper for base. Apply alcohol and metallic inks to plastic egg, insert and base strip with blending tool. Apply blending solution to create marbled effect.
- 4. Adhere ATC and trim to egg insert as shown, using Glossy Accents. Adhere insert inside bottom half of egg. Glue base strip ends together to create circle; rest closed egg on top of base.
- 1. Cut papers as follows: 2-1/2”x3-1/2” gloss paper (for ATC); 3-3/4”x5-1/2” brown/blue swirl patterned paper; 3-7/8”x5-5/8” turquoise cardstock; 6-1/4”x9” brown cardstock. Score and fold largest piece to create side-fold card.
- 2. See Egg Step 1 to create ATC for card.
- 3. Stamp Happy Easter on transparency scrap using clear embossing ink; heat emboss turquoise and trim to size.
- 4. Using craft knife, create slits around swirl design in patterned paper so ATC can be inserted beneath swirls. Layer and assemble card using Glossy Accents.
by Lynn Roberts for ATC - Beyond Trading