Snowman Snow Globe
size: 4" tall
- Studio by Sculpey Oven Bake Clay*: Whipped Cream; After Midnight; Nutmeg; Pomegranate
- Round toothpick
- Chunky glitter
- Red/white gingham ribbon
- White trim
- Baby food jar
- Studio by Sculpey items*: Stippling Tools Set; Acrylic Roller; 5-in-1 Tool; Super Slicer
- Clay-dedicated tile
- Americana Acrylic Paint (DecoArt): Lamp Black
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam Sheet (Dow): 1”x1”x2”
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- *Products by Polyform Products
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay. For head, body and base, roll three slightly different sized balls. Press balls together for snowman’s body. Use Stippling Tool to add texture to entire body.
- 2. Use Super Slicer to cut a small amount of After Midnight clay. Roll into a thin snake and cut five small pieces to use for eyes and coal buttons. Use 5-in-1 Tool to adhere small pieces to front of snowman. Cut a small piece of Nutmeg clay, and roll into a miniature carrot shape. Use 5-in-1 Tool to pierce the face, and place carrot inside hole. Cut small bit of Pomegranate clay, and roll into thin, smile-shaped snake. Adhere smile to face. For arms, cut two pieces from round toothpick.
- 3. Roll out Whipped Cream clay onto tile, cut using baby food jar lid. Place snowman onto clay circle, pressing gently to adhere. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake clay.
- 4. Hot glue snowman to inside of baby food jar lid. Fill most of jar with water, place small amount of chunky gold and clear glitter into water. Fill edge of lid with hot melt glue and quickly place upside down and screw onto jar for a snow globe effect.
- 5. Cut 2” circle from STYROFOAM sheet. Paint circle Lamp Black. Let dry. Adhere to bottom of jar lid. Seal outside of jar with hot glue. Adhere first trim, then ribbon around seal to conceal glue.
by Keri Lee Sereika for Polyform Products