Checkbook Cover Series - Valentine's Day
- Cupboard Distributing: Clear Checkbook Cover (11-1231), Checkbook Cover Insert (11-1245), Photo Pen (18-00510) 1" Disc Bead (01-B811), Gold Bead Pin (11-J614), Cell Phone Cord Gold (11-J615), Coral Copic Marker (18-010921)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Antique Maroon, Antique Rose, Limeade, Melon, Payne’s Grey, Salem Blue, Sapphire
- Assorted red glass beads
- Assorted rhinestones
pencil, paper towels, ruler, scissors, cardstock, sandpaper, tack cloth
- Loew-Cornell Golden Taklon Brushes: Series 7550 Wash 3/4"; Series 7500 Filbert #4; Series 7000 Round #5; Series 7050 Script Liner 18/0; Series 7330 Curved Flat #10; Series 7400 Angle 1/4"
- Basic Grey Designer Rub-Ons Lemonade Canary Rub (RUB-1799)
- Acrylic scroll stamp or rub-on
- Cupboard Distributing: Gray Paint Palette (28-11626), Transfer Paper, Tracing Paper, Brush Bin, Double-Ended Stylus
- DecoArt: Multi-Purpose Sealer, Americana Matte Varnish
- Aleene's Super Tacky Glue
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions for proper product usage.
- 2. Print out patterns. Transfer pattern onto tracing paper. Lightly transfer main pattern lines using transfer paper and stylus.
- Valentine's Day Checkbook
- 1. For checkbook design, load curved flat with Salem Blue and slip-slap randomly on cover. Wipe off brush; load with Sapphire and slip-slap to fill in background color. Highlight using Limeade. Add Payne's Grey on outer edges. Repeat background prep for both front and back of cover.
- 2. Slip-slap hearts Melon. Load brush with Antique Rose and slip-slap shading around top and right sides. Darken shading with Antique Maroon. Shade around outer edge of hearts with Payne's Grey.
- 3. Line scrollwork Limeade using script liner. (Or use acrylic stamp to create scrollwork or follow manufacturer's instructions to apply rub-on transfer.)
- 4. Separate pen components and remove paper insert. Transfer checkbook cover insert onto pen insert. Paint background same as checkbook design. Shade Payne's Grey along top and bottom edges. Basecoat hearts Melon using filbert. With same brush, slip-slap Antique Rose around top and right sides of hearts. Darken shading with Antique Maroon. Shade Payne's Grey around hearts using angle. Follow instructions above to paint scroll designs.
- 5. Seal circle bead (cell phone charm) with multi-purpose sealer. When dry, lightly sand and wipe with tack cloth. Paint background same as pen insert. Shade around outer edge, sides, and back with Payne's Grey. Follow instructions above on pen insert for hearts and scroll work.
- 1. Spray checkbook covers and pen inserts with several coats matte spray sealer and apply satin varnish on cell phone charms. Glue rhinestones onto cover or assemble beads onto bead pins. Use Coral marker to add color to clear rhinestones.
by Chris Haughey