Easter Bonnet Décor
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam Discs* (Dow), two: 4”; 6”
- Patterned double-sided paper, 12”x12”, three
- Coordinating ribbons, 1 yd., four
- Lace, 1”, 1-1/2 yds.
- Velvet leaves, two
- Pearl bead, 6mm
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
- 1. For center hat section, glue to 4” discs together.
- 2. Use decorative-edge, cut 4-3/4” and 6-3/4” circles from paper.
- 3. Measure and cut strips of paper to fit around middle section of hat. Glue strips in place.
- 4. Glue 4” and 6” circles to top and bottom of brim.
- 5. Tie ribbons around hat and trim ends.
- 1. Follow the same steps as listed for creating the 4” hat. Use two 6” discs for the middle section of the hat. Cut lace to fit around hat. Glue lace in place. Trim hat with lace-gathered flower, ribbon bow, velvet leaves and a pearl button.
- 2. Personalize hats for charming Easter brunch place cards.
- 3. Affix small bonnets to a grapevine wreath or swag
by Rebekah Meier for Dow Chemical Co.