Bamboo Cube & Wreath Centerpiece
size: 18" tall
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam* items (Dow): Cube, 5”; Wreath, 10”
- Artificial floral/greenery items: bamboo stems, 3’, nine; orange roses, 12; bright green berries, three large bunches; orange ranunculus, six bunches
- Green paper, 12”x12”, two sheets
- Green reindeer moss
- Low-temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- MONO Aqua Glue (Tombow)
- Floral shears
- Floral pins
- Wooden skewers, 6” long, three
- Serrated knife or saw blade
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
- 1. Hot glue reindeer moss to cover wreath.
- 2. Cut five 5” squares from paper. Glue paper squares to sides and bottom of cube.
- 3. Use ruler and serrated knife to cut 52 5” to 6” lengths and two 18” lengths from bamboo.
- 4. Hot glue short bamboo lengths to sides of cube, aligning bottom edges of bamboo with bottom of cube.
- 5. Trim rose, ranunculus and berry stems to 2” to 3” lengths. Insert stems into front of wreath as shown.
- 6. Place wreath on top of cube and use wooden skewers, floral pins and hot glue to secure it to top of cube.
- 7. Insert one 18” bamboo stem between flowers on front of wreath and into top of cube and remaining 18” bamboo stem behind wreath into top of cube. Use hot glue to secure bamboo stems to top of cube.
- 8. Hot glue reindeer moss to cover any exposed surfaces of cube and to secure floral and berry stems to wreath.
by Diane Flowers for Dow Chemical Co.