Vintage Purse Album
- Prima Surfaces: 7”x7” Canvas Bag, Canvas Refill Pages
- Prima Papers: Fairy Flora Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad, Transparency Collage Sheet
- Prima Flower Centers: Raja, Monarch, Dynasty
- Prima Embellishments: Flowers: Cream Mini Roses, Gallery Roses, Cottage Blossoms, Belle Arte Flowers; Foliage: Velvet Leaves, DeVine Felt Stems, Almond Blossoming Branches; Papillon Butterflies
- Prima Lace: Points, Floral
- Grosgrain ribbon: dark green, 1-1/4”; white, 1/2”
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, paintbrush, sandpaper, heat tool
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Tim Holtz Alterations Dies: Bigz Caged Bird, Movers & Shapers Baroque
- Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers: Willow, Gold Metallic
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Patina, Pumpkin Pie, Red Brick, Olive Vine, Cranberry Zing, Wheatfields
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, liquid glue, clear dots
- 1. To prepare bag, spray various colors of Glimmer Mist onto canvas. Spray colors next to, but not overlapping, each other. Apply color to both sides of each cover and to all pages in same way; let dry completely.
- 2. To blend colors, apply a thin coat of cream paint over all misted surfaces; let dry completely. Dry brush a thin coat of gold paint over cream surfaces, adding more paint along page edges. Let canvas dry overnight.
- 3. Mist pointed lace with Cranberry Zing and floral lace with Wheatfields; let dry. Mist white ribbon with various shades of Glimmer Mist; let dry.
- 4. Glue pink lace around inside edge of front and back covers. Tie green ribbon into large bow around bag handle.
- 5. Cut a branch into two pieces; glue to bag above and below bow.
- 6. The canvas bird used on the album cover has been discontinued. Instead, adhere an old book page to a canvas refill page. Die cut bird and mist with Wheatfields Glimmer Mist; let dry. Glue bird to bow, and flower center to eye.
- 7. Use photo as guide to build flower cluster around branches on front cover. Glue leaves, medium and small flowers, and butterflies directly to canvas and branch, tucking flowers in and around branches for unified look.
- Inside Pages
- 1. Trim papers and book pages to fit album pages. Distress patterned paper edges with sandpaper. Edge papers with gold paint; let dry.
- 2. Layer and adhere papers together. Wrap some pages with floral lace, if desired. Adhere paper pages to canvas pages as shown.
- 3. Die cut several Baroque shapes from transparency to create photo frames. Heat shapes with heat tool just until edges begin to curl; let cool. Edge with gold paint; let dry. Adhere to pages with clear dots.
- 4. Use photos as guides to build flower clusters around die-cut shapes on each page. Glue felt stems and vines to pages first, then add flowers, leaves, and butterflies. Glue flower centers over pages as desired.
- 5. Once all pages are complete, but before adding photos, mist pages with a very light coat of Wheatfields Glimmer Mist to add a vintage look; let dry.
- 6. Edge photos with gold paint; let dry. Adhere photos to album pages.
by Cari Fennell for Prima Marketing Inc.