ATCs: Beyond Trading: Luggage Tag & Card
size: ATC, 2-1/2"x3-1/2"; card, 4-1/2"x6-1/4"
- Plastic luggage tag (Xyron®).
- Cardstock: white; navy.
- Ribbed navy blue ribbon.
- Casablanca stamp set (Oxford Impressions).
- Ink pads (Ranger®): Archival™ Cobalt; Tim Holtz™ Distress Inks™ in Vintage Photo, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain.
- Inkssentials™ Cut ‘n Dry™ Foam (Ranger®).
- Inkssentials™ Sepia Accents™ (Ranger®).
- Foam adhesive squares (Therm O Web).
- Sewing machine or sewing needle and navy blue thread.
- Just Believe Card
- 1. Cut 6-1/4”x9” navy cardstock piece and fold in half to measure 4-1/2”x6-1/4”. Cut following pieces from white cardstock: 2-1/2”x3-1/2” (for ATC); 3-1/2”x5-1/4” (for script panel); 3-5/8”x5-3/8” (for mat).
- 2. Using Cobalt ink, stamp map, hotel seal and airplane on ATC panel. Use foam pad to apply Distress Inks™ for aged look.
- 3. Stamp Cobalt faces and “Just believe” portion of sentiment onto white cardstock scraps; cut out. Apply Distress Inks™ to sentiment and cover with Sepia Accents™; let dry.
- 4. Stamp script sentiment three times onto appropriate white panel; age with Distress Inks™ applied in circular motion.
- 5. Layer and assemble card as shown, tucking ribbon length under faces piece.
- Paris Luggage Tag
- 1. Cut 2-1/2”x3-1/2” white cardstock piece. Stamp Cobalt map, Paris sentiment and airplane onto front of card. Age ATC with Distress Inks™ applied in circular motion. Stamp Cobalt map onto back of card.
- 2. Stamp Cobalt car onto white cardstock scrap and cut out; adhere to ATC with foam square.
- 3. Insert ATC into luggage tag and stitch through all layers to secure ATC. Machine sew or hand-stitch as preferred.
by Lynn Roberts