Vintage Hello Card
- Cardstock (Bazzill): dark brown; yellow decorative-edge.
- Papers (Jenni Bowlin Studio): Front Porch Collection Lemonade; Tangerine Dream Collection Turquoise Dot.
- Dora Primrose Flower (Prima Marketing).
- Wide brown grosgrain ribbon (May Arts).
- Storytellers Sticker Letters (Webster's Pages).
- Blue pearls (KaiserCraft).
- Blue buttons, two.
- Sewing machine and thread: white; dark brown.
- Embroidery needle.
- Clear adhesive dots.
- 1. Make brown top-fold card base. Cut turquoise paper slightly smaller than card front. Cut yellow floral paper to cover one-third of turquoise paper; adhere to left side.
- 2. Cut scalloped edge from yellow cardstock and adhere over paper seam. Adhere layered papers to card front.
- 3. Machine stitch dark brown around outside edge of papers and along edge of scalloped strip.
- 4. Cut 8-1/2” brown ribbon length; fold ends under and adhere across card front. Machine stitch ends with white thread. Adhere flower and “hello” letter stickers as shown.
- 5. Sew brown thread through buttons and to ribbon, or adhere with adhesive dots. Apply pearls to card stock strip.
by Lisa Dorsey