His Eye Is on the Sparrow Frame
- Black picture frame with small opening and wide edge, 6”x6”.
- Cardstock: black; white (or watercolor paper).
- Juliette Printed Velvet paper (SEI).
- Sheer/satin gold ribbon.
- He Watches Me stamp set (Our Daily Bread Designs).
- Ink pads (Tsukineko®): VersaMark® watermark; Memento™ Tuxedo Black dye.
- Adirondack® dye re-inkers (Ranger®): Sailboat Blue; Purple Twilight; Lettuce; Butterscotch; Cranberry; Espresso; Snow Cap.
- COPIC® markers and air-brush system (Imagination International, air-brush system optional).
- Waterbrush or watercolor brush.
- Embossing powders: clear; gold.
- Nestabilities™ Classic Square and Ribbon Tags Trio 2 dies (Spellbinders™) and compatible die-cutting/embossing system.
- Heat tool.
- Craft knife and cutting mat.
- Plastic wrap or non-stick craft sheet.
- Adhesives: Helmar Acid-Free Glue (Helmar USA); foam tape.
- 1. Trace frame edges onto back of velvet paper, cut out and adhere to frame. Turn frame over, remove backing and cut around inside opening using craft knife. Set aside.
- 2. Stamp bird image onto white cardstock or watercolor paper. Apply dots of each re-inker to plastic wrap or non-stick craft sheet. Using waterbrush, watercolor bird and background with diluted ink. If desired, airbrush background with marker ink to add depth. Let dry completely.
- 3. When stamped image is dry, die cut image into 3-3/4” square with embossed edges. Cut 4” black cardstock square; adhere image to center and insert into frame.
- 4. Stamp black sentiment onto white cardstock. Die cut sentiment into ribbon tag with embossed edges. Using inks or markers/airbrush system, color tag to match frame. Lightly ink tag with watermark ink and heat emboss with clear powder. Ink edges of tag with watermark ink and heat emboss gold.
- 5. Cut 5-1/2” ribbon length, notching ends as shown. Slide ribbon through tag and adhere tag to frame with foam tape.
by Dawn Lusk