Tongue-In-Cheek Card Pair
- Cardstock (PaperTrey Ink): Dark Chocolate; Vintage Cream.
- Paper pads: Farm Fresh 8”x8” (October Afternoon); Nook & Pantry 6”x6” (BasicGrey).
- Trims: cream organza ribbon, cream jute string (May Arts); brown crocheted lace (Webster's Pages).
- Buttons: two brown; one pewter.
- Pewter mini brads (Recollections).
- Red Vintage Hip Collection stick pin (Making Memories).
- Stamp sets: Domestic Love ATC (Cornish Heritage Farms); Drucilla, Kimmie’s Everyday Sentiments (Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps).
- Memento™ ink pads (Tsukineko®): Tuxedo Black; Desert Sand.
- COPIC® markers (Imagination International): Pale Fruit Pink (E000); Skin White (E00); Brick Beige (E31); Sand (E33); Sepia (E37); Maroon (E77); Blush (R20); Cadmium Red (R27); Horizon Green (BG34); Buttercup Yellow (Y21); Yellowish Beige (Y23).
- Stampin' Write Chocolate Chip marker (Stampin' Up!®).
- Foam sponge or dauber.
- Detail scissors.
- Paper piercer, mat or mouse pad, and piercing template.
- Foam mounting squares or dots.
- Don't Tempt Me
- 1. Make top-fold brown card base. Cut and adhere 2”x5-1/4” yellow floral paper to bottom; stamp black sentiment at bottom right.
- 2. Cut 3-1/4”x5-1/4” striped paper; tie ribbon around bottom edge. Adhere to card, overlapping floral edge.
- 3. Cut 3”x4-3/8” cream cardstock; stamp black image at center. Using photo as guide, color image with markers, sketching in grass.
- 4. Using paper piercer, poke holes over each pin head on design; insert mini brads. Using piercing template, pierce cross-stitch design along top and side edges as shown; draw stitches with brown marker.
- 5. Sponge Desert Sand ink around image edges and mat on brown card stock; adhere to card with foam squares.
- 6. Tie string through pewter button and adhere over bow knot. Cut prongs from mini brad and glue to center of pin flower; insert pin through bow.
- Suck It Up
- 1. Make top-fold brown card base. Cut and adhere 1-3/4”x3-3/4” floral paper to bottom. Cut and adhere 1-3/8”x3-5/8” dot paper above floral; adhere brown lace trim across seam. Stamp black sentiment above trim.
- 2. Cut 1-3/8”x3-5/8” cream cardstock and mat on brown. Tie string through brown buttons and adhere to panel at upper left. Adhere panel to card with foam squares.
- 3. Stamp vacuum onto cream cardstock scrap and floral paper; cut out images, cutting bag only from floral paper. Color cream image with markers; adhere floral bag to colored image. Adhere image to cream panel on card as shown.
- 1. Pack all the items needed to create Voodoo Pal into a little decorated box and gift to a friend in need of break-up therapy. Substitute a fabric scrap for the paper used to paper-piece the vacuum cleaner bag. Striped paper, like that used on the top half of the Don’t Tempt Me card, provides visual impact with minimal effort. Keep a few sheets of different styles on hand for quick-and-gorgeous cards.
by Michelle Boyer