Crazy 4 U Photo Canvas
- Gallery-wrapped stretched canvas, 8”x8”
- Patterned paper scraps: pink, green, cream
- Plain chipboard shapes: flowers, scrolls
- Assorted buttons
- Foam alphabet/number stickers
- Love-themed rub-on phrases
- Green ribbon
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, paintbrush, foam brush, staple gun
- Acrylic paints: light pink, dark pink, green
- Adhesives: Plaid Matte Mod Podge, liquid glue, double-sided tape
- 1. Paint sides and edges of canvas light pink; let dry.
- 2. Cut and adhere various paper scraps to canvas using Mod Podge; let dry. Brush dark pink paint along canvas edges, overlapping paper edges.
- 3. Punch shapes from chipboard sheets, if necessary; cover with various paper scraps.
- 4. Choose letter/number stickers for title and paint them green; let dry.
- 5. Place leftover chipboard sheet over canvas and use as a stencil to create light pink flowers as shown; outline flowers with dark pink. If you don’t have the chipboard sheet, simply trace chipboard shapes onto canvas and then paint. Hand-paint green swirls onto canvas. Let dry completely.
- 6. Adhere photo to canvas with double-sided tape. Adhere green title stickers. Apply rub-on sentiments here and there.
- 7. Layer and glue chipboard shapes to upper left corner of canvas. Adhere buttons to flower centers.
- 8. Cut two 18” ribbon lengths. Staple one end of each length to an upper back corner of canvas. Tie ribbons into bow; trim ends.
- 1. Repurpose negative chipboard sheets, the part left after shapes are punched out, by using them as stencils.
by Melanie Douthit