Fishbowl Happy Birthday
- Heavy-weight white cardstock.
- Sheer lime green ribbon.
- Sparkle Fibers (Clearsnap): Misty Green; Limesicle.
- Acetate sheet.
- Stamps: Seaweed (#H181) (Great Impressions); Sushi Bowl Party (Stampendous!®); Happy Birthday MA (Amuse Stamps).
- Ink pads: Memento™ Tuxedo Black, Pear Tart dye (Tsukineko®); Teal Blue StazOn™ (Tsukineko®); Tim Holtz™ Broken China Distress Ink™ (Ranger®).
- COPIC® markers (Imagination International): Y08; YR16; YR68; B00; B02; YG01; YG05.
- Cuttlebug® Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft) and compatible embossing system.
- Craft knife and cutting mat.
- Foam sponges or daubers.
- Foam tape and dots.
- 1. Make white top-fold card base. Cut 4-3/4” acetate square; set aside.
- 2. Cut 5” white cardstock square; stamp Teal Blue fishbowl image in center and sentiment at lower right. Use craft knife to cut out center section of bowl. Emboss cardstock with Tiny Bubbles embossing folder. Lightly sponge Pear Tart and Broken China inks over embossing.
- 3. Place embossed panel over card front and lightly trace window opening with pencil. Stamp Tuxedo Black seaweed onto card front so it will be visible inside “opening”; color with markers. Color background around seaweed light blue.
- 4. Stamp two Tuxedo Black goldfish onto white card stock scraps; color fish gold, then shade medium and dark orange. Cut out fish and attach to background with foam dots.
- 5. Tape acetate to back of embossed panel to cover window opening; set aside. Create circular barrier just beyond traced “opening” on card front using two layers of foam tape; do not remove liner yet.
- 6. Pour small amount of each Sparkle Fiber into center of tape circle. If desired, spot glue bits of fibers to fish tails. Remove tape liners and adhere embossed panel to card front, aligning opening edges. Tie ribbon around card fold.
by Suzanne Czosek