Tree Swirls Card
- Cardstock: brown; white.
- Orange button.
- Stamps: Dogwood (#99170D) (Inkadinkado); A True Friend (#WOR183F) (The Stamp Barn).
- Clear embossing powder.
- Heat tool.
- Foam sponges or daubers.
- Ink pads: Vintage Sepia VersaFine® pigment, VersaMark® watermark and Memento™ Rich Cocoa dye (all Tsukineko®); Adirondack® Brights in Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow (Ranger®).
- Templates: Mini Lotus (The Crafter's Workshop); Circles (Fiskars®).
- Cuttlebug® Swirls Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft) and compatible embossing system.
- 1. Trace lotus template twice onto white card stock and cut out; emboss one shape using embossing folder. Sponge embossed paper with orange and brown dye inks.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2" white cardstock circle and 3-3/4" brown cardstock circle. Stamp brown pigment tree onto white circle; heat emboss clear. Sponge yellow ink across circle and orange ink around edges. Layer circles and adhere to embossed shape.
- 3. Tie twine around card front three times, threading ends through buttonholes; tie bow. Score top 1/2" of remaining star shape and adhere behind card front to make back of card.
- 4. Stamp Rich Cocoa sentiment inside card.
- 1. Picture a green tree on a vivid blue background, surrounded by a yellow “sun.” For springtime, color branches dark brown and foliage a deep lavender to create a Redbud tree. Add flocking or glitter to tree for added texture.
by Suzanne Czosek