A Cup of Life Tea Gift Set
- Tea mug
- Stamper's Select White cardstock (PaperTrey Ink)
- Papers: Black Bitty Dots (PaperTrey Ink); Old Olive Designer Series Stripe (Stampin' Up!)
- Reflections Silver Pearls (Michaels)
- Silver eyelet (for tag)
- Silver cord (May Arts)
- Olive grosgrain ribbon, 1/4" (Stampin' Up!)
- Small plastic bag filled with tea bags
- A Cup of Life stamp set (Verve Stamps)
- Ink pads: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Old Olive dye (Stampin' Up!)
- COPIC Sketch markers (Imagination International)
- Top Note die (Stampin' Up!) and compatible die-cutting machine
- Punches: Scallop border (Stampin' Up!); Paper Shapers Tag (EK Success)
- Crop-A-Dile tool (We R Memory Keepers)
- Foam dauber or sponge
- Detail scissors
- Foam mounting dots
- 1. Make white card base; cover front with striped paper, leaving 1/16" border.
- 2. Die cut Top Note shape from white cardstock and black dot paper; trim dotted piece to fit across bottom of white piece as shown. Tie ribbon and cord around seam.
- 3. Stamp tea sentiment in black to left of center; highlight word "tea" with green COPIC marker. Apply one silver pearl to "i" in "life" and three pearls to bottom corner of die-cut shape.
- 4. Stamp two cups and two steam tendrils onto white cardstock; color cups and cut out all shapes using detail scissors. Adhere pieces to die-cut shape as shown, adhering foreground cup with a foam dot.
- 5. Adhere die-cut to card with foam dots.
- Mug Tag
- 1. Punch white tag and stamp with black sentiment; sponge edges Old Olive. Insert eyelet and tie to tea packet with cord and ribbon. Trim tag with scallop-punched dot border strip, striped strip and tiny pearls.
- 1. Friend not a tea fan? Substitute coffee or cocoa in the mug and choose an appropriate sentiment.
- 2. For picture-perfect color coordination, take the mug along to the paper store if needed.
- 3. Create custom labels for purchased tea tins using the card design for inspiration.
by Michelle Woerner