Canning Jar Labels
size: 7" tall
- Glass jelly jars, lids and rings
- Patterned papers (Prima Marketing and Imaginisce)
- Cardstock (Bazzill): green; white
- Stamp sets: Textures and Patterns (Hero Arts; What’s for Dinner, Stampin’ Up!)
- Rollagraph items (Clearsnap): Handle; Design Wheel: Tiny Leaves; Ink Cartridge: Leaf Green
- Colorbox Inks (Clearsnap): Picante; Heliotrope; Moss Green; Dark Peony
- Sizzix Big Shot machine (Ellison)
- Sizzix Dies (Ellison): Labels, Ornate #2; Vine with Leaves & Fruit (grapes); Summer Fruit (strawberry); Ice Cream Cone, Cherry & Sprinkles (cherries)
- 450 Quick Dry Adhesive (Helmar Adhesives)
- 1. Trace jar lid onto green cardstock; cut out. Repeat for desired number of jars.
- 2. Roll inked Tiny Leaves wheel diagonally across green cardstock. Die-cut labels from instructions. Mat on patterned paper, leaving a border.
- 3. Die-cut assorted fruit from white cardstock. Apply Moss Green ink directly from ink pad to color stems. Stamp designs onto fruit using Textures and Patterns stamps and ink. (Note: Use Picante for strawberries, Heliotrope for grapes and Dark Peony for cherries.) Stamp phrase onto white cardstock strips and trim into strips. Ink edges of strips Moss Green.
- 4. Glue fruit and phrases to label, and label to jar. After canning and cooling produce, remove ring, glue cardstock to lid and replace ring.
by Carla Schauer