Superstar Bank Jar
- Glass quart jar with lid
- Chipboard sheet
- FolkArt Acrylic Paints (Plaid): Hydrangea; True Blue; Medium Orange
- Patterned paper (Fancy Pants Designs)
- Rub-on transfer (Fancy Pants Designs)
- Button (Fancy Pants Designs)
- Small pendant circle jewelry finding (Nunn Design)
- 6-strand embroidery floss
- Chalk Ink (Clearsnap): Blue Iris
- Sizzix items (Ellison): Big Shot machine; Stars die
- Craft knife
- Sponge brush
- Hole punch, 1/16”
- Adhesives (Helmar Adhesives): 450 Quick Dry Adhesive; Liquid Scrap Dots
- 1. Trace mouth of jar onto chipboard and cut out. Set aside.
- 2. Paint jar Hydrangea. Lightly dry brush jar with True Blue. Let dry.
- 3. Die cut stars from patterned paper. Ink edges with Blue Iris.
- 4. Mat photos on green patterned paper and glue to jar. Use Liquid Scrap Dots to adhere stars to jar. Let dry.
- 5. Paint jar ring Medium Orange. Use craft knife to cut money slot in center of chipboard circle from step 1. Paint chipboard True Blue, using Hydrangea to distress. Use craft knife to cut stars from patterned paper and use Liquid Scrap Dots to adhere to jar. Glue chipboard to inside of ring to form bank lid.
- 6. Paint circle pendant Medium Orange and cut blue patterned paper to fit inside. Apply rub-on design to blue paper and glue to center of pendant. Glue button inside pendant. Punch hole in large star and use floss to hang pendant.
by Carla Schauer