"Tweets" Snack Jar
- Glass quart canning jar
- Silk/paper flowers (Prima Marketing): brown glitter; tiny taupe
- Miniature bird’s nest and eggs
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Sea Breeze; Light Buttermilk
- Shimmer Flourish Chipboard (Making Memories)
- Patterned Papers (Dream Street Papers): Tracy Whitney Designs; Secret Garden Botanical
- White cardstock
- Boutique Bleu Ribbon Pack (American Crafts)
- Rubber stamps: Whimsical Birds (TPC Studio); Tiny Alphabet (Hero Arts)
- Fluid Chalk Ink (Clearsnap): Chestnut Roan; Creamy Brown
- Cosmetic-wedge sponge
- Sticky Strips (Therm O Web)
- Adhesives (Beacon Adhesives): Zip Dry Paper Glue; Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Paint jar lid Light Buttermilk and eggs Sea Breeze. Let dry. Sponge eggs with Creamy Brown ink. Let dry. Glue eggs inside nest and nest to lid.
- 2. Cut botanical print paper to cover center portion of tag; ink edges Chestnut Roan. Glue inked rectangle to tag. Glue chipboard flourish and flowers to tag as shown. Use Chestnut Roan ink to stamp “tweets” on white cardstock; trim around edges and matte on aqua patterned paper. Use Creamy Brown ink to stamp birds on white cardstock; trim close to edges. Glue “tweets” rectangle to tag and use Sticky Strips to adhere birds to tag as shown. Fold blue ribbon into “V” shape, trim ends and staple to top of tag.
- 3. Glue two lengths of aqua velvet rickrack around jar and tag to jar front as shown.
- 4. Fill jar with desired treats and replace lid.
by Abby Foster