Altered Jewelry Frame
- Unfinished wooden frame, 8"x10"
- Hardware items: window screening, screw eyes
- Papers: Little Yellow Bicycle Autumn Bliss Collection Bronze Brocade, BoBunny Double Dot Collection Wild Berry Red Dot
- Small paper doilies
- Embellishments: charms, buttons, crystal stick pins, rhinestone buckle
- Assorted flowers and brown berry spray
- Stickers: white pearl flourish, "beautiful" sentiment, "beauty" metal plaque
- Trims: wide and narrow satin ribbon, twill
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, paintbrush, foam brush
- Plaid FolkArt Linen Acrylic Paint
- Ranger Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Crackle Paint
- Adhesives: Glue Dots Adhesive Products Glue Dots, Plaid Matte Mod Podge, heavy-duty liquid glue
- 1. Paint frame edges Linen; let dry.
- 2. Measure frame and cut paper pieces to fit each side. Découpage papers to frame using Mod Podge and foam brush; let dry. Apply crackle paint to frame edges, overlapping paper edges; let dry.
- 3. Cut screen to fit back of frame. Use liquid glue to attach screen to frame back; let dry.
- 4. Découpage doilies onto frame.
- 5. Glue berry spray and flowers to left side of frame. Adhere pearl flourish and flowers along bottom edge. Adhere sentiment sticker, charms, and other embellishments to top and right side of frame.
- 6. Cut two 12" lengths from wide ribbon. Glue one end of each length to an upper back corner of frame. Tie ribbons into bow; trim ends.
- 7. Twist screw eyes into bottom of frame to hang necklaces and bracelets. Hang earrings from window screen.
by Lisa Dorsey