Wildly Optimistic Scarf
- Silk scarf
- Tulip One-Step Fashion Dye: Brown; Turquoise
- Tulip Surface Cover
- Foam brushes, 1", two
- Foam plate
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Cover work area with Surface Cover. Accordion-fold scarf along length, creating approximately 4" sections. Use iron to press in place.
- 2. Wearing gloves from dye box, fill Brown dye bottle with water to indicated line. Tightly replace cap, then shake until thoroughly mixed.
- 3. Squeeze a puddle of dye onto plate. Dip foam brush into dye then brush dye along folded edges about 2" in from each hemmed edge. (Note: The center needs to stay white.)
- 4. Let set 4 to 6 hours. Open up scarf and place flat on Surface Cover.
- 5. Mix Turquoise dye and squeeze onto foam plate. Use clean foam brush to paint dye down center along length of scarf. Paint a narrow stripe down center then observe how it bleeds to edges; more dye can be added, if needed.
- 6. Let set 4 to 6 hours then wash under running water until water runs clear. Line dry and iron smooth.
- 1. For best results, read manufacturer's instructions before beginning project. Use photo as color and design placement guide.
by Cheryl Ball for iLoveToCreate/Duncan