Chic Veneer Frames
size: 8"x8"; 11-3/4"x11-3/4"
- Wooden frames: 8”x8” (3-1/2” opening); 11-3/4”x11-3/4” (3-1/2” opening)
- Real Wood Thin Veneer (Creative Imaginations): Cherry; Birch
- Double-sided Patterned Papers (Graphic 45): Birds in Paradise; Ode to Butterfly
- Traveler Decorative Tape (Heidi Swapp)
- Vintage photos of choice, two
- Rubber stamps: Natures Silhouettes Set (Cornish Heritage Farms); Birds on Branch (Cornish Heritage Farms); butterflies
- Black StazOn Ink Pad (Tsukineko)
- Paper trimmer
- Aleene’s (iLoveToCreate): Original Tacky Glue; Paper Glaze
- 1. For large frame, use paper trimmer to cut three 3”x3-1/2” rectangles from Cherry and Birch veneers, five 3”x3-1/2” rectangles from Cherry veneer and five 3”x3-1/2” rectangles from butterfly patterned paper.
- 2. Stamp butterflies on veneer pieces as shown. Glue pieces to frame, alternating between veneer pieces and patterned paper pieces. When frame is covered, use script patterned paper to fill in areas between paper and veneer. Place photo inside frame.
- 3. For small frame, use paper trimmer to cut three 2-5/8”x2-1/4” rectangles each from Cherry and Birch veneers. Cut four 2-5/8”x2-1/4” rectangles from bird patterned paper. Stamp bird and nature-themed motifs on veneer pieces. Adhere pieces to frame as shown.
- 4. Use tape to cover areas between wood and paper on frame. Place photo inside frame.
by Melony Bradley