Chic & Shiny Favors
size: 3-1/2" tall
- Recycled cardboard tubes, 3-1/2" long, three
- Recycled newspaper
- Walnut Hollow Creative Metal Metallic Squares
- Brads: black/silver starburst, pearl, gem
- Clear adhesive gem strips
- Silver glitter tape, 1"
- Small black/silver alphabet stickers
- Coordinating organza ribbons, 2"
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, foam plate, paintbrush, heat tool, tweezers, hole punch, paper piercer and mat
- Scallop decorative-edge scissors
- Sewing machine and black thread
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Bigz Primitive Heart Die
- Acrylic paints: terra cotta, white, red, black
- Jacquard Products Piñata Color Alcohol Inks: Blanco Blanco, Mantilla Black, Senorita Magenta
- iLoveToCreate Aleene's Adhesives: Original Tacky Glue, Liquid Fusion
- 1. Pinch one end of each tube and sew it shut.
- 2. Paint tubes with acrylic colors of choice, inside and out; let dry.
- 3. Die cut hearts from metal sheets. Using tweezers, hold first heart over foam plate. Drip white alcohol ink onto heart, letting color spread randomly and allowing some metal to show through. Dry with heat tool. Apply tiny bit of black ink to edges to create definition; dry with heat tool.
- 4. Repeat Step 3 for black and magenta hearts, omitting black ink on edges.
- 5. Cut three 2-1/2"x6" newspaper strips for each tube. Layer and sew sheets together, using free-form stitch design. Use Tacky Glue to glue strips around tubes; let dry.
- 6. Lightly dry brush tubes and newspaper with black paint; let dry.
- 7. Place gems or tape around top and bottom of newspaper strips, cutting tape in half with scallop scissors. Insert brads in hearts; add letter stickers and gems. Glue hearts to tubes with Liquid Fusion; let dry.
- 8. Punch holes in sides of each tube. Cut 8"-long ribbon hangers and insert ends through holes; knot ends to secure.
by Melony Bradley