Exotic Bird Series: Toucan
- Bright Ideas 14-count Grasshopper Aida (Charles Craft)
- 6-strand embroidery floss in colors listed on chart (DMC)
Backstitch: : 1 strand
Cross-stitch: : 2 strands
French Knot: : 2 strands (wrapped 2 times)
- Tapestry needle (DMC), #24
- 1. Fold Aida cloth in half and in half again opposite way to find center. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 2. Using two strands of floss to cross-stitch and one strand to backstitch design centered on fabric. Use two strands of floss to make French knots, wrapping floss around needle twice for each knot.
by Mike Vickery for DMC Corporation