Mon Amie Card
- Cardstock: white; textured shimmering beige, pale blue, pale orange
- White Just the Edge Cardstock (Bazzill Basics)
- Devonshire Collection Free Printable Download (KaiserCraft, kaisercraft.net)
- Recycled lightweight shirt liner or kraft cardstock
- Bright green grosgrain ribbon
- Adhesive gems: blue; orange; green
- Stamps: Mon Amie (Stampin’ Up!); Inkadinkado Beauty Magnified Butterfly (98273) (EK Success Ltd.); Elegant Brocade (F5243) (Hero Arts)
- Ink pads (Clearsnap): ColorBox Lemon Grass pigment; ColorBox Fluid Chalk in Chestnut Roan, Prussian Blue; Top Boss Watermark
- Circle punches (The Paper Studio): 1-7/16”; 1-7/8” scalloped
- Foam tape
- Computer with Internet connection and color printer
- 1. Make top-fold card base from shirt liner or kraft cardstock. Repeatedly stamp upper two-thirds with watermark ink and brocade pattern.
- 2. Download and print Devonshire free printable from KaiserCraft Web site, www.kaisercraft.net, onto 8-1/2”x11” sheet of white cardstock. Trim floral strip from sheet to 6-1/2” long.
- 3. Adhere pierced scalloped cardstock strip across bottom of card; adhere alternating gems to every other hole. Adhere floral strip over top of scalloped strip.
- 4. Tie ribbon around card front at top of floral strip. Stamp “Mon Amie” in brown ink at left.
- 5. Punch scalloped circle from each colored cardstock; adhere across card front.
- 6. Liberally ink butterfly stamp with Prussian Blue; stamp off a few times onto scrap cardstock to remove excess ink. Ink over blue layer with Lemon Grass ink; stamp separate areas of white cardstock to create three images. DO NOT re-ink between impressions; this will create the color variation. Punch images into circles; adhere to scalloped circles with foam tape.
by Dawn Gehring