Metallic Jewelry Box & Ring Container
- Recycled items: cigar box; plastic conditioner container
- Precious Metal Color Paints (Viva Décor): Blue Lagoon; Copper; Lime
- Wooden beads (DIY Bangles): Round, five; Teardrop, one; Barrel, four
- Say it in Pearls (Prima Marketing): Lace; Flowers
- Metal Embossing Foil (Walnut Hollow)
- Creative Metal Beginner Kit Design Sheet B (Walnut Hollow)
- Synthetic paintbrushes, three
- Craft knife
- Bamboo skewers
- Glue (Beacon Adhesives): Quick Grip; Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- 1. Lightly sand cigar box, beads and plastic container; wipe dust.
- 2. Cut a piece of metal foil slightly larger than top of cigar box. Follow manufacturer's instructions to emboss design Sheet B.
- 3. Use Quick Grip to adhere embossed metal to top of cigar box. Use craft knife to trim excess metal and sand edges.
- 4. Place five round beads on bamboo skewer; paint Copper and let dry. Sand any rough spots and repaint if needed.
- 5. Paint four barrel beads Copper and teardrop Lime in same way.
- 6. Paint cigar box Blue Lagoon. Lightly paint conditioner container Blue Lagoon.
- 7. Use Quick Grip to adhere four round beads to bottom of cigar box. Use Fabri-TacTM to adhere lace and flowers to box as shown. Adhere pearls to top of box as desired.
- 8. Adhere four barrel beads, lace, flowers and pearls to plastic container as shown.
- 9. Use Quick Grip to adhere teardrop bead to round bead. When dry, adhere beads to top of round container.
by Niki Meiners