So Tweet Wreath
- Grapevine wreath, 12” diameter
- Wooden circles, 3”, five
- Wooden shapes, two each: hearts, small, large, XL, XXL; stars, XL
- Ribbon: brown print ribbon, 1-1/2”-wide; coordinating scraps
- Blumental Lansing Big Blossoms Buttons
- Wire, 6” lengths, five
scissors, sandpaper, black fine-tip marker, palette, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Midwest Products: Easy Cutter Ultimate, Sanding Block
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Calypso Blue, Bahama Blue, Sea Breeze, Lavender, Purple Cow, Petal Pink, Carousel Pink, Marigold
- DecoArt Crystal Craft Twinkles
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Adhesives: glue gun and sticks, Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- 1. For hanger, tie 1-1/2”-wide ribbon around top of wreath, knotting ends at top. Set aside.
- 2. Print out patterns; use as shape cutting guide. For birds, use Easy Cutter to cut wedge from each 3” circle. For beaks, cut tips from XL star. For wings, cut two XXL hearts in half; discard one piece or use for future project.
- 3. Paint the following:
- 4. PINK BIRD: body Carousel Pink; breast and wing Petal Pink; dots Carousel Pink; beak Marigold.
- 5. PURPLE BIRD: body and one XL heart Lavender; one large heart Purple Cow; dots Purple Cow; beak Marigold.
- 6. BLUE BIRD A: body and one XL heart Bahama Blue; one large heart Calypso Blue; dots Calypso Blue; beak Marigold.
- 7. BLUE BIRD B: body and one XXL heart half and one small heart Calypso Blue; dots Sea Breeze; beak Marigold.
- 8. BLUE BIRD C: body and one XXL heart half and one small heart Sea Breeze; dots on Sea Breeze Calypso Blue; breast Calypso Blue; dots Sea Breeze; beak Marigold.
- 9. Dot eyes Lamp Black using end of paintbrush handle. Let dry.
- 10. Sand edges of each piece to remove paint from edges. Use photo as guide to adhere birds together using tacky glue. Apply sealer. Brush Crystal glitter on wings. Let dry. Outline birds, beaks, and wings using black marker.
- 11. Cut 6” wire lengths. Hot glue wire length to back of each bird. Attach birds to wreath as desired.
- 12. Tie ribbon bows. Hot glue buttons and bows to wreath.
- 1. Cut shapes from thin plywood using pattern and scroll saw.
by Meggan Maravich