Flea Market Garden Décor - Stamped Box
size: 9-1/2" across
- Reclaimed wooden box with lid, 9-1/2” across
- Wooden knobs, 1”, four
- Amethyst glass cabinet knob
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements Clear Flat Back Crystals, 10mm, eight
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Buttermilk; Antique Green; Dried Basil Green
- Ornamental motif foam stamp, 4”
- French Script Backgrounder stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms)
- Black pigment ink pad
- Cosmetic-wedge sponge
- Wax candle
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- Sanding block
- Four screws
- Tools: Scroll saw; drill and 1/32” drill bit; screwdriver
- 1. Lightly sand box and lid; wipe dust. Paint Buttermilk. Randomly rub surface with candle. Paint Antique Green. When paint is 75% dry, lightly sand surface to reveal distressed finish. Paint wooden knobs Plum. When dry, dry brush Antique Green.
- 2. Use cosmetic-wedge sponge to apply Dried Basil Green to foam stamp. With lid removed, stamp motif several times on box sides, applying additional paint as needed. Stamp one motif on center of lid.
- 3. Ink bottom portion of script background stamp, and stamp box sides randomly over ornamental motif.
- 4. Drill four holes from inside top of box. Screw knob feet to bottom of box. Repeat steps for glass cabinet knob.
- 5. Glue crystals to centers of each ornamental stamped motif.
by Melony Bradley