Blossom Art Necklace
size: 20" to 30" long
- Grunge Paper (Idea-ology)
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements Bicones: varying shades of purple
- Silver-Plated Elongated Cable Chain (Beadalon), 5’ long
- White silk ribbon, 1/2”-wide
- Rubber Stamp (Impression Obsession): Just For You Script
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger): Milled Lavender; Dusty Concord; Brushed Corduroy
- Flower Creations Die Templates (Spellbinders)
- Wizard Embossing & Die Cut Machine (Spellbinders)
- Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Sewing needle and thread
- Heat tool
- Pinking shears
- 1. Dye silk ribbon by drawing it across Milled Lavender ink pad. Use heat tool to heat set ink. Die cut three small and two large flowers from Grunge Paper. Use Brushed Corduroy ink to stamp Just For You Script on small flowers. Sponge surface of small flowers with Milled Lavender ink and surface of large flowers with Dusty Concord ink. Sponge edges of flowers with Brushed Corduroy ink.
- 2. Cut chain into five 12” lengths. Thread 12” ribbon length through ends of chain and tie knots. Use pinking shears to cut four 2” lengths from ribbon and tie knot on end of chains. Secure knot with a small amount of glue; let dry.
- 3. Split chains into two groups. “Braid” chain by bringing top length of chain on side with three lengths of chain to bottom of side with two lengths chain. Repeat until end of chains are reached. Thread 12” ribbon length through ends of chain, and tie knot. Use pinking shears to cut four 2” lengths of ribbon and tie into knot on end of chains. Secure knot with a small amount of glue; let dry.
- 4. Use needle and thread to sew through three links of chain, up from back of flower, through flower center, through bicone, back through center of flower and tie behind flower. Secure knot with a small amount of glue. Repeat for remaining two flowers; let dry.
by Keri Lee Sereika