Farmhouse Chic Garden Pillows
size: 12"x16"; 18"x18"
- Fabrics: brown solid, 1/2 yd.; brown/green damask, 1/2 yd.; beige/brown script, 1/4 yd.
- Wool Felt (National Nonwovens): Moss Green, 1/4 yd.; Brown, 1/8 yd.
- Home Elegance pillow forms (Fairfield Processing): 12”x16”; 14”x18”
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC): Dk. Green Gray (3051); Ult. Dk. Coffee Brown (938)
- Lite Steam-a-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Needles: sewing; embroidery
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
- Straight pins
- 1. Using a 1/2” seam allowance, cut two 13”x17” rectangles or two 15”x19” rectangles from brown or damask fabrics.
- 2. Print out pattern. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse script fabric and wool felt to webbing with iron and pressing surface. Transfer patterns to back of fused wool felt; cut out. Cut 10”x14” or 12”x14” rectangle from fabric and fuse to center of one damask or brown fabric rectangle in center. Fuse cut wool felt pieces to center of rectangles, using photo as placement guide.
- 3. Use three strands of Dk. Green Gray to blanket stitch edges of Moss Green felt, and three strands of Ult. Dk. Coffee Brown to blanket stitch edges of Brown felt. Use Dk. Green Gray floss to backstitch veins on leaves.
- 4. Sew wrong sides of pillow pieces together, leaving bottom sides open for turning. Turn right side out through opening, insert pillow form and whipstitch opening closed.
by Melony Bradley