Ooh La La Fan & Card Set
size: fan, 14"x17"; card, 4-1/2"x6-1/4"
- White poster board
- Hobby basswood sheet (Hobby Lobby)
- Cardstock: natural; black
- Inkssentials White Gloss Paper (Ranger)
- White tissue paper
- Black eyelets, five
- Black wire
- Sheer black ribbon: 3/4”-wide; 1-1/2”-wide
- White feathers
- Small adhesive picture hanger
- Stamp sets (Oxford Impressions): Beau Monde; Marie Antoinette; French Script
- Adirondack ink pads (Ranger): Pitch Black pigment; Raspberry, Wild Plum dye
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks pads (Ranger): Antique Linen; Tattered Rose; Walnut Stain
- Jet Black Archival ink pad (Ranger)
- Adirondack Metallics Pitch Black Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi Medium Glass (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Heatit Craft Tool (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Cut ‘n Dry line (Ranger): Foam; Nibs
- Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers)
- 3-D Dots adhesive (EK Success Ltd.)
- Ooh La La Fan
- 1. Print out pattern. Cut 10 blades from white poster board; cut out and glue together in pairs for added strength.
- 2. Use foam pad to apply Raspberry and Wild Plum inks to each blade, leaving some white areas visible. Apply Antique Linen Distress Ink over entire surface of each blade using direct-to-paper (DTP) technique. Heat set inks with Craft Tool.
- 3. Using Pitch Black ink, stamp background on each blade as follows: flower border and Fabrique label (Beau Monde); ornate bar and medallion (Marie Antoinette). Heat set with Craft Tool.
- 4. Using Jet Black ink, stamp Parisian ladies onto white tissue paper. Carefully tear out images, leaving tissue border around each one.
- 5. Apply layer of gloss medium to first fan blade, position tissue image and carefully smooth with fingers. Apply second layer of gloss medium over entire fan blade; let dry. Repeat for all fan blades.
- 6. Insert eyelet at base of each blade. Cut six 1/2”x6” basswood strips; use Crop-A-Dile tool to punch hole 1” from one end of each piece. Paint wooden strips Pitch Black with paint dabber; let dry. Adhere wooden strips behind fan blades, aligning holes with eyelets.
- 7. Position blades in fan shape. Adhere blades edges, slightly overlapping, with narrow line of adhesive. Wrap wire around ends of wooden strips to join together. Tie large, loopy bow around base of fan with wide ribbon.
- 8. For added stability, cut long, 1”-wide basswood strip and glue across width of fan blades. Adhere picture hanger to center of wooden strip. Let dry completely before hanging.
- Pomp and Circumstance Card
- 1. Cut cardstock as follows: natural, 6-1/4”x9”, 5-1/8”x3-3/8” and 5”x3-1/4”; black, 4-1/4”x6”. Score and fold largest natural piece to make card.
- 2. Stamp smallest natural cardstock panel with Jet Black ink pad and elements of French Script set. Lady and coach are not part of background. Adhere collage background to larger natural panel, then black panel. Wrap ribbon around all layers and adhere ends at back; adhere to card. Adhere feather to left side of card just below ribbon.
- 3. Using Jet Black ink, stamp Parisian Lady (Beau Monde) and coach (Marie Antoinette) onto scraps of glossy paper. Apply Antique Linen ink over entire surface of each image using direct-to-paper (DTP) technique. Using foam nibs, apply inks to images as follows: skin Tattered Rose; hair Walnut Stain; dress, hat, fan and coach Raspberry and Wild Plum. Cut out images and adhere to card as shown using foam dots.
by Lynn Roberts