Better Backgrounds: Metal Effects
- Cardstock: cream; red; aqua
- Aluminum foil tape
- Sheer black ribbon, 1/4”
- Clearly Yours acrylic tag (K&Company)
- Laser transparency
- My Story stamp set (Oxford Impressions)
- Adirondack Pitch Black pigment ink pad (Ranger)
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks and Applicator (Ranger): Sunshine Yellow; Mountain Rose; Raspberry; Clover; Sail Boat Blue; Aqua
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Copper Metallic Mixatives (Ranger)
- Black Super Fine Detail embossing powder (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Heatit Craft Tool (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents (Ranger)
- Color Collision Card
- 1. Cut papers as follows: 3-3/4”x5” cream; 3-7/8”x5-1/8” cream; 5-1/2”x8-1/2” red. Score and fold largest piece to create side-fold card.
- 2. Tear off several pieces of foil tape; remove backing. Layer tape on smaller cream panel, overlapping cardstock edges. Keep tape smooth or scrunch for texture. Trim excess tape from cardstock edges.
- 3. Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply Sunshine Yellow, Moutain Rose and Raspberry alcohol inks to applicator. Pounce applicator randomly onto tape-covered cardstock, continuing until desired coverage and effect is achieved. Finish with Copper alcohol ink. Quick Tip: If you prefer a more mottled look, let ink dry between applications.
- 4. Layer and assemble card as shown.
- Believe in Your Dreams Card
- 1. Repeat Color Collision Card Steps 1-3, substituting aqua cardstock for red and using Clover, Sail Boat Blue and Aqua alcohol inks.
- 2. Cut a piece of laser transparency to 3-3/4”x5”. Stamp Pitch Black dreamer image onto transparency; heat emboss with black powder. Stamp sentiment onto transparency scrap; heat emboss with black powder.
- 3. Remove backing from clear tag and press down over transparency sentiment; trim excess. Tie ribbon through hole in tag.
- 4. Using a small amount of Glossy Accents, adhere transparency and tag to “metal” panel; let dry. Layer and assemble card as shown.
by Lynn Roberts