Kid's "My Heart is a Flutter" Valentine
- Cardstock: Papertrey Ink Stamper’s Select Vintage Cream
- Patterned Papers: Lily Bee Design This & That Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Buttons, four small
- White string
paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, sewing needle
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Die-cutting system
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Hearts a Plenty Die
- Paper Smooches Giddy Bugs stamp set
- Ink Pads: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
- Clear embossing powder
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: Snow Green (BG0000), Cool Shadow (BG10), Buttercup Yellow (Y21), Light Rouge (R14), Prawn (R24), Warm Gray (W1)
- Sakura of America Glaze 3-D Black Glossy Ink Pen
- Paper adhesive
- 1. Make cream top-fold card.
- 2. Cut the following paper pieces: 4-1/2”x4-1/2” blue, 2-3/4”x1-1/2” yellow, 1-1/2”x4-1/2” red. Die cut two yellow hearts, one blue, and one red.
- 3. Stamp and clear emboss sentiment onto blue panel; color heart red. Adhere paper strips to blue panel as shown; zigzag stitch left and right edges of red strip, and top and bottom edges of yellow strip.
- 4. Adhere hearts to panel by straight stitching down center of each heart. Hand-sew button to each heart with white string. Slightly lift heart edges to add dimension.
- 5. Stamp butterfly onto blue panel, overlapping yellow strip. Stamp again onto cream cardstock. Color image with markers; detail cut image, cutting away antennae. Adhere head and body only to blue panel, leaving wings free. Dot eyes with black glaze pen; let dry.
- 6. Stamp butterfly again onto red and blue paper scraps; detail cut body pieces and adhere to colored image. Slightly lift wings to add dimension. Adhere layered panel to card.
- 7. To finish inside of card, cut the following paper pieces: 4-1/2”x4-1/2” yellow, 4”x3” blue, 4-1/2”x1-1/8” red. Adhere paper strips to yellow panel. Stamp sentiment and butterfly onto cream cardstock; trim to 3-1/2”x3”. Adhere image to yellow panel. Zigzag stitch sentiment edges, along bottom of red strip, and over top of blue strip. Adhere layered panel inside card.
by Michele Boyer