Retro Chic Daisy Shade
size: 5-1/2" tall, 5-1/2" diameter
- Self-Adhesive & Ready-to-Cover Lampshade (Hollywood Lights)
- White cardstock
- Trims: yellow satin cording; green mini pompom
- Sunkissed stamp (Penny Black)
- Habanero VersaFine ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Clear embossing powder (Tsukineko)
- Dandelion Memento marker (Tsukineko)
- Green decorator chalk and applicator
- Embossing heat tool
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (Duncan, iLoveToCreate)
- 1. Remove protective sheet from lampshade; sheet serves as pattern for covering shade. Place shade in secure location once adhesive is exposed.
- 2. Lightly trace shade pattern onto white cardstock. When finished tracing, replace protective sheet on shade to preserve adhesive until ready to cover.
- 3. Stamp and emboss daisies randomly over traced shade pattern, repeating until entire shade is covered. Color daisies with yellow marker; apply green chalk to background among flowers.
- 4. Cut out pattern piece. Remove protective sheet from lampshade. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to cover shade, overlapping ends slightly in back.
- 5. Glue satin trim around top of shade; trim excess. Glue pompom trim around bottom edge; trim excess.
- 1. Stamp and color coordinating canvas pillows for your sun porch; heat set inks and spray with a protective moisture-resistant coating. Wipe pillows clean now and then with a damp cloth.
- 2. Imagine black stamped daisies on white cardstock, with a bright pink chalked background. So girly! Don’t forget the pink pompom trim.
- 3. Create themed lampshades for baby’s room, favorite sports, holidays, seasons and more. Rotate shades out for cost conscious redecorating.
by Elizabeth Allan