Grad Congratulations Card
- Cardstock: White (Wausau); French Vanilla, Beetle Black, Ruby Slipper (Bazzill Basics); Solid Glitter Black (Die Cuts With a View)
- Oyster twill tape, 1/2” (Wrights)
- Mini antique gold brad (Making Memories)
- Stamps (Penny Black): Kate Uppercase Alphabet & Numbers; Graduates; Congratulations; Congrats
- Ink pads: Jet Black Archival (Ranger); Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany (Ranger); Black Onyx VersaFine (Tsukineko)
- Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder (Ranger)
- Gold Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Inkssentials Cut ’N Dry Foam (Ranger)
- Heat tool
- Foam mat and paper piercer
- Adhesives: Foam Tape (3M); Permanent Mono Adhesive (Tombow); Suze Weinberg’s 1/8” Super Tape (Ranger); Glue Dots (Glue Dots International)
- Recycled watch battery or 3/4” circle punched from heavy cardstock
- 1. Cut 6-1/4”x8-1/2” piece of Vanilla cardstock. Score and fold at 3-1/2” and 7” from one short end, creating 3-1/2”x6-1/4” card with 1-1/2”-wide inside flap. Adhere two short edges of flap to card to create gift card pocket.
- 2. Cut and adhere 1-1/2”x6-1/4” Ruby Slipper strip and 1/4”x6-1/4” Solid Glitter Black strip to top of pocket.
- 3. Stamp Black Onyx “you’ve done it” sentiment onto White cardstock; trim as shown. Ink edges of sentiment Worn Lipstick using piece of Cut ’N Dry foam. Insert mini brad in sentiment and flatten arms; adhere to pocket with foam tape.
- 4. Cut and adhere 2-1/8”x6-1/4” Ruby Slipper strip and 1/8”x6-1/4” Solid Glitter Black strip to card front. Open card, with top on foam mat. Pierce border around sides and top of Vanilla card stock.
- 5. Cut 2-3/8”x4-1/4” White cardstock tag shape. Stamp and clear emboss Black Onyx graduates image on tag. Using separate piece of Cut ’N Dry foam for each color, ink tag edges Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick and Aged Mahogany. Mat tag on Beetle Black cardstock; adhere to card front.
- 6. See Step 3 to stamp and ink sentiment; adhere to card below tag.
- 7. Ink short length of twill tape with Gold paint dabber; let dry and tie in knot. Adhere bow to tag with glue dot. Quick Tip: Speed drying with embossing heat tool.
- 8. Paint watch battery or cardstock circle Gold; let dry. Stamp Jet Black graduation year on battery and adhere to card with glue dot.
- 9. Stamp and clear emboss extra Black Onyx graduation cap on separate piece of White cardstock. Cut out cap and adhere to top of tag, overhanging edge.
- 1. Some local scrap and stamp shops offer patterned papers for community schools. Use it in place of the red cardstock.
- 2. Stamp and emboss graduates image in metallic gold against a school color background to make a quicker, yet equally festive, card.
- 3. Create a coordinating package tag by stamping sentiment along bottom edge of tag.
by Elizabeth Allan