Heart's Memory Mother's Day Card
- Cardstock: White (Wausau); Artesian Pool, Burning Ember, Candlelight (Bazzill Basics)
- Heavy weight mat board, 2-7/8”x4-3/8”
- Oyster twill tape, 1/2” (Wrights)
- Small gold brads, four (Making Memories)
- Stamps (Penny Black): Thinking of You acrylic set; Sentiments acrylic set; Languish; Gratitude
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): Black Onyx, Habanero VersaFine; Frost VersaMark Dazzle watermark ink; Red Magic VersaMagic; Memento Dye in Cantaloupe, Lady Bug, Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa
- Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder (Ranger)
- Tombow markers (Tombow): 158; 815; 837; 879; 985
- Crystal Stickles glitter glue (Ranger)
- Cuttlebug Die Cutter & Embosser (ProvoCraft)
- Mega-Nestabilities Curved Rectangles dies (Spellbinders)
- Flowers Impressabilities embellishment template (Spellbinders)
- Embossing heat tool
- Stylus and light box
- Hole punch, 1/8”
- Small water mister bottle
- Small sponge daubers (Tsukineko)
- Iron and pressing cloth
- Adhesives: Foam Tape (3M); Permanent Mono Adhesive (Tombow)
- 1. Make top-fold Artesian Pool card base. Follow manufacturer's instructions and use die-cutting machine to emboss card front with flowers design. Rub Frost watermark ink pad over raised design only; set aside.
- 2. Cut mat board to size specified in materials list if needed. Cut 3-1/4”x4-3/4” White cardstock piece. Place mat board on light box and center cardstock over it. Use stylus to dry emboss a narrow border around cardstock.
- 3. Using sponge dauber, apply Desert Sand ink to embossed border. Apply Rich Cocoa ink to cardstock edges using direct-to-paper method.
- 4. Ink flower stamp with markers, using photo as guide. Mist with water and stamp image on right side of embossed cardstock.
- 5. Cut and adhere 5/8”x3-1/4” Burning Ember strip to left of image.
- 6. Ink length of twill tape Cantaloupe and Lady Bug; stamp Red Magic flourish on tape. Heat set with iron and pressing cloth.
- 7. Layer stamped twill over cardstock strip and wrap around cardstock panel; adhere ends at back.
- 8. Double mat stamped image on Burning Ember and Candlelight cardstock. Insert brad in each corner. Adhere matted image to card front.
- 9. Stamp and emboss Black Onyx sentiment on separate piece of White cardstock. Die cut sentiment into curved rectangle; ink edges with red marker. Adhere die cut to card with foam tape.
- 10. Apply glitter glue to flowers; let dry.
- 11. Cut 4”x5-1/4” White cardstock piece; stamp Habanero flourish and Black Onyx sentiment along bottom edge. Adhere panel inside card.
by Elizabeth Allan