A Jar of Hugs
- Glass jar with lid
- White cardstock scrap
- Paper Pizazz Scrapbook Foilboard Papers (Hot Off The Press): Aqua, Pink Flourishes Foil; Christmas Corners Foil (green)
- White button
- 20 Blossoms Template (Hot Off The Press)
- “Hugs” sentiment stamp
- Black ink pad
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Stylus or dull pencil
- Clear adhesive dots
- Bag of Hershey’s Hugs candies
- 1. Trace template 2B onto back of blue paper. Trace template 1C onto back of pink paper. Trace two large leaves from template onto back of green paper. Cut out shapes. Use stylus or dull pencil to emboss vein line down back of each leaf.
- 2. Use adhesive dot to join flowers as shown; adhere button to center with another adhesive dot. Slightly fold petals forward around button for dimension. Curl leaves over side of stylus or pencil to add dimension; adhere to back of flower as shown.
- 3. Stamp “hugs” in black on white cardstock; cut into small tag with scallop-edge scissors.
- 4. Cut 2”-wide blue strip to fit around jar; trim long edges using scallop-edge scissors. Cut 1/2”-wide pink strip same length as blue and adhere to center of larger strip.
- 5. Adhere strip around jar using adhesive dots. Adhere flower over strip ends. Adhere tag beneath flower.
- 1. Template includes various flower sizes; layer three or four for a more dramatic effect. Instead of a button, use a jumbo jewel brad or several tiny gem stickers for flower center. Bling! Replace paper blossom with silk flower and paper strip with wide ribbon for an ultra-quick gift.
by Dawn Gehring