Steampunk Monogram Pendant
- Premo! Sculpey or Sculpey III Black Clay*
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Advantus): Salvage Stickers; Sprocket Gears
- Assorted metal eyelets (Recollections)
- Lost & Found Necklace Cords (Blue Moon Beads)
- Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine*
- Clay Extruder*
- Super Slicer Blade*
- Small metal cutters
- Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate Glue (API)
- Optional: Circle metal cutters
- *Products by Polyform Products
- 1. Use conditioning machine to condition half block of clay on widest setting several times until sheet of clay and edges of clay sheet are smooth. Adhere sticker to sheet of clay and trim, leaving a thin selvage edge. Place clay piece on remaining sheet of clay and trim, leaving 1/4” selvage edge around edge.
- 2. Load remaining clay into extruder and extrude 8” of clay using largest circle dye.
- 3. Cut a section of extruded clay that is slightly longer than clay section initial is mounted on. Place this piece on left side of initial so it is lined up with bottom of initial and lying on 1/4” selvage areas and not overlapping initial. Top should protrude from selvage area.
- 4. Repeat with three remaining sides, so each piece protrudes from clay on one side. Make sure each piece is positioned snugly against raised initial area and against its neighboring extruded pieces.
- 5. Press several metal eyelets into extruded clay. Set one sprocket in place, but remove before baking pendant.
- 6. Roll remaining clay through conditioning machine and cut a “jester triangle” that is approximately 1/2” wide at bottom and 2-1/2” long. Roll pointed end up to create the “bail” or loop. Use small pencil to press inside of roll lightly and secure the loop.
- 7. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake pendant. Glue sprocket to pendant. Thread pendant onto cord.
by Syndee Holt for Polyform Products