Smooches Cookie Canister
- Papier-mâché canister
- Patterned Paper (Imaginisce): Striped; Dot; Word Pattern; Pink and Green Solid
- Rub-on transfer (Imaginisce): Smooches
- Ribbon/trims (Wrights): white grosgrain ribbon, 1”; white wired satin ribbon, 3/4”; pink mini rickrack
- Wooden buttons (Bluementhal-Lansing), 1”
- Pink embroidery floss
- Pink heart gem (Imaginisce)
- Mulberry Paper Flowers (Prima Marketing): light green, 1”; cranberry, 3”
- Americana Stucco (DecoArt): Natural
- Americana Acrylic Paint (DecoArt): Baby Pink; Hauser Light Green; Burgundy Wine
- Brushed Metallic Satin Spray Paint (Krylon): Caramel Latte
- Adhesives (Helmar Adhesives): Premium Craft Glue; 450 Quick Dry; Gemstone Glue
- Natural sponge
- Foam brush, 1”
- 1. Remove handle and lid from canister. Discard handle. Apply stucco to top half of canister using natural sponge to achieve desired texture; let dry thoroughly. Paint over stucco texture with Baby Pink. Set aside to dry.
- 2. Cover and glue canister lid with patterned papers. Adhere striped paper to bottom half of canister. Layer and adhere grosgrain ribbon, pink rickrack, and flowers together as shown. Adhere heart gem to flower center.
- 3. Cut rectangle tag from solid pink paper, mat onto light green paper. Apply rub-on sentiment to tag, and adhere to front of canister as shown. Create white wired ribbon handle, knotting ends inside canister.
by Carla Schauer