Chic Welcome Tray
Serve up some fun and get the party started! Deliver refreshing beverages on this beautiful mosaic serving tray to welcome guests to your next summer gathering.
- Wooden tray, approx. 10”x14”
- Mosaic tiles, 1" square: brown, 13; teal, 14; light orange, 15; orange, 14
- Acrylic sheet, same size as inside base of tray
- Assorted patterned papers: 12”x12”, five
- Chipboard letters to spell “welcome”
- Quick Quotes Mocha Mama PowderPuff Ink Pad
- Elmer's X-Acto tools: Gripster Craft Knife and Self-Healing Cutting Mat, Rotary Paper Trimmer
- Elmer's Craft Bond Adhesives: Ultra Stix All, Extra Strength Glue Stick
- 1. Plan paper arrangement for inside of tray and for chipboard letters.
- 2. Use paper trimmer to cut 2”x12” strips from patterned paper for inside border on tray face. Similarly, cut three 3-1/2”x5” rectangles from remaining assorted papers.
- 3. Use glue stick to adhere 2”x12” strips as border around inside of tray face. Adhere 3-1/2”x5” rectangles side-by-side, in middle of tray face.
- 4. Use glue stick to adhere chipboard letters to chosen paper for each letter. Use craft knife and cutting mat to trim excess paper from around letters. Use ink pad along edges of letters to stain. Center and glue chipboard letters with glue stick to patterned papers on tray face.
- 5. Use photo as guide to plan pattern of tiles around “welcome” on tray. When desired pattern is placed, use Ultra Stix All to glue tiles in place. Let dry completely. Place acrylic insert over tray face. (Note: Tray is for decorative use only. To clean, remove and wash acrylic only.)
- 1. Make tray for holiday occasions by using various holiday-themed paper and display on dining room table.
- 2. Create tray to be used as a wall hanging.
- 3. Design tray and use family or children’s photos as backgrounds in tray.
for Craft Marketing Connections