Chic Clay Bird Ornament
size: 4" tall
- Sculpey III Oven Bake Clay*: Light Pink Pearl; White
- Ultra-fine Glitter Sassy Peewee Kit (Art Institute Glitter)
- Self-Adhesive Gem (Prima Marketing Inc.): Dark Pink
- White ribbon, 1/8”
- Super Slicer*
- Shape Makers*: Floral I; Floral II; Leaf I
- Texture Makers*: Swirls & Scrolls
- Acrylic Roller*
- Conditioning Machine*
- Beacon (527) Multi-Use Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Clay-dedicated ceramic tile, 12”
- *Products by Polyform Products
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition 1/2 block of Light Pink Pearl clay. Roll through conditioning machine on #3 thickness, and place on ceramic tile. Use Floral I & II Shape Makers to cut bird’s body and head. Use Leaf I Shape Makers to cut bird wing and tail. Use Acrylic Roller and Swirls & Scrolls Texture Makers to impress wing and tail pieces.
- 2. Condition 1/4 block of White clay. Add 1/4 teaspoon of white glitter to clay. Roll through Conditioning Machine on #4 thickness; use Super Slicer with rickrack blade to cut strips of White clay. For bird’s nest, layer four strips, then three strips, then two strips and one strip and trim wider at top than bottom.
- 3. Bake clay items at 250°F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Glue bird layers together as shown and hold until set. Adhere dark pink gem to bird’s head and small loop of ribbon to tail.
by Keri Lee Sereika for Polyform Products