Grandparents' Memories Box
- Wooden frame box
- Studio by Sculpey Oven-Bake Clay*: Dessert Sand, 2 pkgs.
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint (Plaid): Buttercream
- Studio by Sculpey Tools and Accessories*: Acrylic Roller; Clay Tool Variety Set; Lift ‘n Scrape; Oven Thermometer; Shape Makers: Leaf Set II; Super Slicer with Comfort Handles; Antiquing Medium: Chocolate Brown; Bake & Bond
- Paper towels
- 1. Remove box lid. Basecoat bottom of box and edge of lid Buttercream; let dry.
- 2. Preheat oven to 275°F. Test temperature with Oven Thermometer for perfectly cured clay.
- 3. Prepare clay, conditioning one package at a time. Use Acrylic Roller to roll each package of clay into 1/8”-thick sheets.
- 4. Use paintbrush to apply generous coat of Bake & Bond to top of box lid and frame sides.
- 5. Use Super Slicer to cut strips of clay and press to box lid around frame openings. Press seams together with fingers. Cut thinner strips of clay and press to frame sides; press seams together.
- 6. Use Small Fern and Large Fern cutters to cut several Desert Sand leaves. Use Needle Tool (from variety set) to score vein lines along one side of each leaf as shown. Use Lift ‘n Scrape to lift and loosen leaves from work surface.
- 7. Use photo as guide to press large leaves to box lid around frames. Use knife (from variety set) to trim leaves to fit around frames. Press small leaves to frame sides.
- 8. Bake lid on an oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275°F (130°C) for 30 minutes per 1/4” of clay thickness. Do not microwave. Do not overbake. Let cool completely.
- 9. Use paintbrush to apply Antiquing Medium to clay-covered box; immediately wipe away excess with paper towels.
- 1. Start with clean hands and work area. Good working surfaces include a glass or metal surface, disposable foil or wax paper.
for Polyform Products