size: 10" tall
- Wool Felt (National Nonwovens): 1/4 yd.: Pistachio Ice Cream; 9”x12”: Lavender; Pink; Peacock; scraps: White; Peach; Shocking Pink
- Pearl Cotton (Anchor): Pink; Teal; Green; Purple
- Buttons: black, 5/8”, two; yellow, 3/8”, two
- Fiberfill stuffing, 4 oz.
- Polyester pellets, 2 oz.
- Embroidery needle
- Straight pins
- Measuring tape
- Circle templates: 1-3/4”; 4”; 5”
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Print out pattern. Cut: owl front and back, and oval bottom piece from Pistachio Ice Cream felt; 4” circle wing from Peacock; 5” circle wing from Shocking Pink; two 1-3/4” circles (eyes) from White felt; two larger flowers and topknot from Shocking Pink felt; four feet pieces and two smaller flowers from Lavender felt; two beak pieces from Peach felt. Cut both wing circles in half.
- 2. Lay front owl piece right side up. Using pattern piece as guide, pin or lightly glue eyes, topknot and beak pieces to front. Blanket stitch: Teal pearl cotton for topknot; Purple pearl cotton for eyes; Green for beak.
- 3. Layer flower pieces on teal wings. Lightly glue in place. Sew across each petal with White pearl cotton. Sew button to center of flowers. Layer wing pieces and pin to owl front overlapping edges of owl slightly. Blanket stitch around Peacock wing with Green and Pink wing with Teal pearl cotton.
- 4. Align both owl pieces with right sides together. Sew with a 1/4” seam allowance around owl, leaving a 2” opening in bottom center. Clip curves. Turn right side out. Stuff upper 3/4 of owl with stuffing. Sew a large stitch by hand around opening. Pull stitching leaving a small opening to add pellets. Add pellets. Glue bottom piece in place over opening.
- 5. Align feet in pairs. Use pink pearl cotton to blanket stitch around feet. Angle feet outwards slightly and glue to bottom of owl.
by Debra Quartermain