Flea Market Garden Décor - Bird Décor Box
- Reclaimed wooden hinged recipe box, 4”x5-3/4”
- Acorn finial caps, 1-7/8”, four
- Antiqued brass cabinet knob
- Wooden appliqué (Ornamental Moldings), 4” across
- Vintage bird images. (Note: Designer used page torn from a thrift shop book)
- Decorative Scrapbooking Tape (Karen Foster Design), 1/4”-wide
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements Clear Flat Back Crystals, 3mm, four
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Dark Chocolate; Antique Gold Deep; Plum; Metallics Rich Espresso
- Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Foam brush
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- Sanding block
- Screws, four
- Tools: Scroll saw; drill and 1/32” drill bit; screwdriver
- 1. Lightly sand box and wipe dust. Paint: top of box Antique Gold Deep; bottom of box and acorn finials Dark Chocolate; appliqué Plum. When dry, dry brush finials and appliqué with Rich Espresso.
- 2. Cut image to fit front of box. Place image on center front of box to determine where to cut image. Lightly mark cut line with pencil. Cut image and decoupage to top and bottom of box. Adhere decorative tape to edges. Glue crystals to corners. Cut tape along box opening.
- 3. Drill hole in center of appliqué and at top center of box. Drill holes at bottom of box for feet. Glue and screw finials to bottom of box. Glue and screw appliqué to top of box with brass cabinet screw.
by Melony Bradley