Hanging Butterfly Bouquet
size: 5” diameter
- Styrofoam Brand Foam ball, 5”
- Ruth’s Collection double-sided papers (Scribble Scrabble): Paisley Perfection; Rose Rhapsody
- Ruth’s 12”x12” Pretty Pieces Diecuts (Scribble Scrabble)
- Glimmer Glass Nature Collection butterfly overlay (Tattered Angels)
- Buttons, white and assorted pastels
- Pearl-head corsage pins: green; white
- Die-cutting system of choice and assorted small flower dies or purchased flower shapes
- White acrylic paint
- 1. Paint butterfly overlay white; let dry.
- 2. Cut 20” twine length; knot ends together 2” from cut ends. Tape or hot glue ends of hanging loop to top of foam ball.
- 3. Die cut several flower shapes from desired papers, as needed.
- 4. Begin covering foam ball with flowers, securing each one with one or more pins through a button center; very small flowers may only need a pin in place of a button. Continue adding flowers until entire surface is covered. When pleased with design, remove pins one by one, dip in glue and reinsert into ball.
- 5. Use two white pearl-head pins to secure butterfly overlay to upper portion of ball
- 1. Use a foam wreath in place of the foam ball to create a gorgeous, garden “Welcome” wreath.
- 2. Omit twine hanger and perch decorated ball atop a pretty crystal vase or wineglass, alone or in multiples.
- 3. Decoupage floral tissue paper onto foam ball, then add butterfly, for a unique effect.
by Charity Hassel