Shimmery Snowflake Pendant Necklace
- Beadalon: Solid Ring: Round Twist Light; Artistic Wire: Non Tarnish Silver 18-gauge
- Beadalon silver findings: chain, lobster clasp, silver head pins
- Swarovski Elements Crystal: Bicones, Pearls, in assorted sizes and colors, 12 pcs.
- Polyform Sculpey: Premo! Accents: Pearl; Translucent Liquid; Glossy Glaze
- Silver triangular pieces
ruler, fine sandpaper
- Impression Obsession: Winter Seals
- Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Denim
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine, Premo! Sculpey Crinkle Cutter: Round
- Drill and tiny bit
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Beadalon: wire snips, round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers
- 1. Use clay conditioning machine to condition Pearl clay. Roll through to #1 thickness.
- 2. Place conditioned clay onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Stamp image of snowflake onto clay. Center Round Crinkle Cutter around image; press down firmly to cut clay.
- 3. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake stamped clay on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. While clay cools, mix dime-sized amount of Liquid Sculpey with one drop of Denim alcohol ink; mix thoroughly.
- 4. Apply tinted mixture on surface of stamped clay making sure to fill in crevices fully and coating top surface with thin layer of tinted mixture. Bake again. Let cool completely.
- 5. Sand top surface of stamped clay to remove excess tint and highlight stamped image. Use drill with tiny bit to drill hole on top edge of pendant. Apply Glossy Glaze to seal pendant. Set aside to dry.
- 1. Use chain-nose pliers to cut three 3” chain lengths. Remove one link from one and two links from another to create two chain pieces slightly shorter than first. Use pliers to open one link on each end. Attach link through loop on top on end of triangular piece. Repeat for second set of chain ends. Cut two 7” chain lengths and attach to single top loops on other end of triangular pieces.
- 2. Attach lobster clasp on end of one chain. Open end link of second chain; twist solid ring and close link.
- 3. Insert one 4mm bicone crystal onto head pin followed by one 8mm bicone crystal. Use chain-nose pliers to bend at end. Use wire snips to snip head pin to 3/8”. Use round-nose pliers to create loop at top of head pin. Use chain-nose pliers to twist open loop; attach loop onto chain and twist to close.
- 4. Repeat Step 3 using assorted sizes and colors of crystals and pearls attaching to chain as shown.
- 5. Use non-tarnish silver wire and dowel to create two jump rings. Use same wire and round-nose pliers to create “S” ring. Use chain-nose pliers to twist open each jump ring. Insert one jump ring through pendant and bottom of “S” ring; twist closed. Insert second jump ring through center of bottom chain and top of “S” ring; twist closed.
by Keri Lee Sereika